Whether you are utilizing my services as your son's mohel or the services of a different mohel, I hope you find the postings you'll read here to be informative, sometimes entertaining, but most of all empowering you with the knowledge you need to demand the highest standards of service, sterility, and care from your mohel. (Incidentally, if you don't live near me, I also travel)
- You will understand what takes place at an ideal bris, what can go wrong, how it can be fixed or avoided (see the "THEREFORE" section). And how to care for your son to avoid long term "issues." You will understand what it means to have a sterile field and sterile environment for a bris, and why it is important to demand all of this from your mohel.
- You will understand the most common methods used in Jewish ritual circumcision so you can either pick what works best for you, or shop for a mohel who can accomodate what you prefer.
- You will understand the differences between some mohels in terms of their attitudes, personalities, training and ways of relating to others.
- You will understand the ceremony, the roles of the participants, and the significance of some of the different honorees. (kvatter, Elijah Chair, Sandak)
- If you are planning to use my services, we will tailor your bris ceremony and event as per your needs, all within a framework of a traditional bris experience. I am at your service.