- You will understand what takes place at an ideal bris, what can go wrong, how it can be fixed or avoided (see the "THEREFORE" section). And how to care for your son to avoid long term "issues." You will understand what it means to have a sterile field and sterile environment for a bris, and why it is important to demand all of this from your mohel.
- You will understand the most common methods used in Jewish ritual circumcision so you can either pick what works best for you, or shop for a mohel who can accomodate what you prefer.
- You will understand the differences between some mohels in terms of their attitudes, personalities, training and ways of relating to others.
- You will understand the ceremony, the roles of the participants, and the significance of some of the different honorees. (kvatter, Elijah Chair, Sandak)
- If you are planning to use my services, we will tailor your bris ceremony and event as per your needs, all within a framework of a traditional bris experience. I am at your service.
CLICK on this WELCOME message
Welcome to mohelinsouthflorida.com - the most comprehensive and up to date mohel blog on the internet . My name is Avi Billet, and I am so ...
Welcome to mohelinsouthflorida.com - the most comprehensive and up to date mohel blog on the internet. My name is Avi Billet, and I am so pleased and grateful that you have found this site. I wish you the best of luck with your baby - boy or girl - and hope that if you have not yet given birth that labor and delivery go as smoothly as possible for you.
Whether you are utilizing my services as your son's mohel (here is a link to everything you need in the most immediate sense, if your son has already been born and I haven't emailed you yet) or the services of a different mohel, I hope you find the postings you'll read here to be informative, sometimes entertaining, but most of all empowering you with the knowledge you need to demand the highest standards of service, sterility, and care from your mohel. (Incidentally, if you don't live near me, I also travel)
Best of luck in your quest to become experts about Bris Milah. I would be most honored to serve as your son's mohel. Feel free to call me at any time during the day and early evening (before a bris, until 11pm Eastern Time is usually fine, after the bris I am on call 24 hours), to discuss the possibility of our partnering together to bring your son into the mark of the Covenant between God and Avraham.
Best wishes to you and your family