Short answers to the following questions can be found here
The links will send you to longer answers to the questions categorized below...
* I'm a practical person and don't have time for all this. What do I need to know and do to prepare for a bris? You can start by utilizing all the "page" links at the top of the page, or you can go to this blog post which covers each essential thing you need to find, from the preparations for the bris to the longer term care instructions and things to note.
ABOUT THE MOHEL
* Anythoughts on how to find the right mohel? (Aside from calling the number on the right of the page? :) Seriously though -- Important to know what you're looking for and to ask the right questions, basically - do your research!! My own comparison of Billet vs the other guys
* What is your training? (read my mini bio on this homepage)
* Why did you become a mohel? What do you enjoy about being a mohel?
* Are you a doctor? No. Does a mohel need to be a doctor? Read the second half of this post
* (or read this article from the jweekly of California)
PREPARING FOR THE BRIS - DETAILS AND MINDSET
* What do I need for a bris? Supplies
* What is the setup for a bris? Setting up the room
* What goes into preparing a bris party? What is an appropriate venue for a bris?
THE CEREMONY AND THE PROCEDURE
* How does the ceremony work? (General overview of the Ceremony)
* How is a circumcision done? Methods,
* What exactly happens in a circumcision? Before and After (note the link to the circumcised banana)
* Explain the honors of the ceremony: HONORS LIST (more detailed list of the honors) Kvatter, Kisei (Chair of) Eliyahu (Elijah the Prophet), Sandak
* What is metzitzah? As straight as I can give it to you, An Additional Thought, Is it a "Mitzvah"?
* How do you balance inclusion of family, friends and guests in the ceremony? Having Family and Friends Involved (includes honors list)
* What surgical instruments and supplies are used in a circumcision? SHIELD TUBE KNIFE PROBE HEMOSTATS MARKER GLOVES NUMBING
AFTER THE BRIS
* How do I care for my son after the bris? Instructions Thoughts on Tylenol
* What will it look like? Before and After
* What can go wrong? Common issues Correctable and Really Bad, Long term Care Reminder
* How does it work if one of us (baby's parents) is not Jewish? A: If his mother is Jewish... What Makes a Jew, Mohel's role in circumcising half-Jews (one Jewish parent) and non-Jews
* What will the bris itself (circumcision - mohel's role) cost? Initial Thoughts and More straightforward
* How important is sterility really? One, Two, Three
* Is there a difference between a bris and a circumcision? This topic, Related conversation
The most comprehensive source of information about Bris Milah on the Internet! Click on any of the pages, find topics of interest through a search on the right or the Topical Index below... Best of luck to you in your research and with your baby
CLICK on this WELCOME message
Welcome to Mohel in South Florida
Welcome to mohelinsouthflorida.com - the most comprehensive and up to date mohel blog on the internet . My name is Avi Billet, and I am so ...
Saturday, January 15, 2011
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions SUMMARY
Posted by A.B. at 10:55 PM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comment. If approved, it will appear shortly.